Recursive list of required packages for kickstart

Hello all,
  I'm trying to generate a minimal list of required packages in order to
install a particular software package (which itself consists of several
packages).  Does anyone have a script (shell or python preferred) that
when given one or more package names, generates a list of the other
packages that would be required to install it?
  I know I can do 'rpm -Uvh --test <package names...>' to generate a list
of packages that are missing and would need to be installed before I can
install '<package names...>, but I'm looking for something that would
tell me the exhaustive list of all required package names.  So far my
google-fu has been lacking....

Thanks...

-Rob