Re: rpmbuild error

In general when creating RPMS that have kernel modules I noticed that I was getting invalid module format when
trying to insert those modules into the running kernel of the machine.

I think there is a hash somewhere is the module that is checked each time there is an attempt to insert it into the kernel. What determines whether this hash is acceptable to the running kernel? I am able to create the rpm.

But for one thing, I cannot seem to get the rpm to be named rpm_name-$(uname -r).rpm. Is this all that is required for the hashes to workout?

~Lawrence