Re: RPM and file extended attributes

On 10/22/09 2:31 PM, "Mangalampalli, JayantX"
<jayantx.mangalampalli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to preserve file¹s extended attributes in RPM packages? I have
> some files that I want packaged and they have some EAs (like security.selinux
> etc) that I wish to preserve when installing them elsewhere. Can RPM be
> configured to preserve them? I could not find any options that help do that.

At least in the SELinux case, I don't believe what you want is possible. RPM
consults the installed SELinux policy to determine what the new files
security context on disk should be. So, a file's security context will
always be what the end system's policy says it should be, not the context of
the file on the packager's system.

Hope that helps,
Chad Sellers