Re: Files packaged in /var won't be affected by rpm -U?

> What happen to say db files you put in /var/lib/mydb for example,
> when I perform an upgrade? They won't be touched at all if I upgrade
> said package using rpm -U correct?

Without a more detailed view of the rpm and the file I would say that if
your package owns them then the likely answer is yes.

mysql's package doesn't down the files it creates in /var/lib/mysql, which
are only created post-install, but it does on the directory.  So the mysql
spec might be a good place to go look for an example.

-greg