Re: still having spec file difficulties, FRUSTRATING!!!

rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/04/2009 08:02:36 PM:

> Hello,
>    I'm trying to make an rpm. I've posted and have received
> suggestions, though i am still having the issue. I'm trying to make this
rpm
> on and for an x86_64 platform and to have it use the fhs, binaries in
> /usr/bin, configs in /etc/programname dkim in this case. My problem comes
in
> the libraries. They are perl files modules actually and i've tried the
below
> in %files none of which has worked. Libdir on x86_64 is /usr/lib64, i
can't
> get the libraries to install there. I've tried adding --libdir=/usr/lib64
> %configure, i've tried pattern replacement on the make file, i can get it
> work if i hard code paths in %files, but then rpmlint complains that i
have
> hard coded paths and also complains that the execute bit is set on these
> files.
>    Some urgency!!
>    Help appreciated.
> Dave.

I don't have the specific answer for you at the moment, I'm catching up
from being at the Summit, but there is a package called rpmdevtools
available for RHEL and fedora.  Inside it is a spec file template for
various types of packages.  One of them is perl
(/etc/rpmdevtools/spectemplate-perl.spec)

You might check that out and see if it can point you in the right
direction.

-greg