Is it possible to tweak checksums etc. in the RPM DB?

Hi,
Is it possible to tweak the file information in the RPM package database
so that I could update a file from outside and still keep the --verify happy?

My use case is that I want to provide updates for a bunch of huge RPM packages
but I only want to update very few files in each package so it would be a huge
overhead to have all the hundreds of MB to be downloaded/installed just to get this.

deltarpm would help me but my target platform is RHEL 5 and AFAIK
this deltarpm is SUSE specific. yum presto is not applicable as well as it is
not part of RHEL yet.

Any ideas or comments welcome,
Friedl

Ist Ihr wunschname@xxxxxxxxxx noch frei?
Jetzt prüfen und kostenlose E-Mail-Adresse sichern!
http://email.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/basic/mail/index.html?pid=6829