Re: how to disable rpmbuild from stripping the debug information from binaries?

> to stop the debug package I believe what you are looking for is:
>
> %define debug_package %{nil}
>
> but if you are looking to stop it from striping all symbols from the
> pre-built binaries, thats something else.  If the first doesn't work for
> you let me know.
>
> -greg

First of all, thanks for the reply.

Adding the line you mentioned prevented from the debug package to be
created but the binary size wasn't as expected
(it was larger than the one without this line, i guess only part of
the symbols were stripped).

I added the following line too:
%define __strip /bin/true

and now the debuginfo RPM is not being created and the debug symbols
are not being stripped from the binaries at all
:)

Thanks allot for you help
Dotan