Problem about upgrade multiple rpm package.

Hi, Guys
Please help me about this upgrade problem.
I built two packages, A and B, B has dependency on A. I have a old version of A ( A_1.0.rpm) installed on my linux system, now I want to upgrade to the new version by execute
rpm -Uvh A_2.0.rpm B_2.0.rpm
If the %pre scriptlet failed because of some reason, I think the upgrade should abort and leave the old installed on untouched.
But the old one has been removed, how can I avoid this?
BTW: upgrade the packages separately works fine.

Thanks.