Re: remove an installed rpm during rpm -i

Barry -

'Conflicts' expresses the (negative) dependency.  This will prevent an
RPM from being installed if the conflict exists.

I don't believe RPMs go off an uninstall other RPMs as part of their
installation process, but I've been surprised before.

-tim

Barry R Cisna wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I've looked high and low and all the .spec file examples do not show how
> to do this IF it is at all possible. How could I do an .spec file entry ,
> possibly
> %pre   --- something
> to parse the rpm database and if a particular rpm is found to be installed
> it will be uninstalled during the rpm install process? This is so my
> rpmbuild/ rpm -ivh does not conflict with a few already exsiting /bin
> files.
> I am rolling a few binaries  into my rpm that would conflict with already
> installed .rpm. I'm just trying to make this as streamlined as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

"The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his
work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body,
his education and his recreation, his love and his religion.  He simply
pursues his vision of excellence in everything he does, leaving others
to determine whether he is at work or at play.  To him, he is always
doing both."

 - Zen