From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Valery Reznic
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:27 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: Re: File listed twice

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Jeffrey Sherwin <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Jeffrey Sherwin <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: File listed twice
> To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 4:59 AM
> Nope.
>
> I'm on an isolated machine, did the install manually
> and a find * from the app root directory afterwards, and
> pumped that list into the %files section of the spec.
If you did 'find *' then your filelist contains both files and
directories.
But if you specify directory in the %files than rpmbuild by itself added
all files under this dir. And they are found by find too. Her you go -
files found twice. In order to avoid it you have to specify directories
with %dir attribute.
Or don't list files under any directory.
i.e instead of 'find *' you can use 'ls -1'

Valery