Re: Rpmbuild problem

rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/18/2008 10:05:10 AM:

> Hello,
> I'm new to rpmbuilding, and have not been able to find the
> information to fix the problem I am having. I'm trying to build an
> RPM that runs two scripts as it's installation. While the rpm is
> building, it is able to run the scripts and install the software,
> but after, all it does is unpackage the software into specific
> folders, never running the scripts. Does this mean that RPM's can't
> run scripts on the fly? Also, the scripts require user input…will
> that be possible? Thank you in advance for your help.
> John

John,

What section of the spec are you placing the scripts in?  If you could the
spec file would be a useful reference to help you.

As for user input.... in general that is strongly discouraged for RPMs due
to their design towards being headlessly installed.  Is it possible? Yes, I
believe it is.

-greg