From: Ferris, John <john.ferris@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Rpmbuild problem
To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 8:05 AM

Hello,
I'm new to rpmbuilding, and have not been able to find the information to fix the problem I am having. I'm trying to build an RPM that runs two scripts as it's installation. While the rpm is building, it is able to run the scripts and install the software, but after, all it does is unpackage the software into specific folders, never running the scripts. Does this mean that RPM's can't run scripts on the fly? Also, the scripts require user input…will that be possible? Thank you in advance for your help.

John