Re: requires can be based on OS

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:49 AM, satish madrage <svmdcv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi all,

can anybody give me pointers regarding "execution of Requires field in
spec file based on Operating System"
for ex:
if redhat i requires x and y rpm else i require x y z rpm's in same spec file

The currently implemented means in rpm to make dependencies dependent on OS are using
the %ifos directive in a spec file.

Meanwhile, since the value for OS is "linux" everywhere that rpm is used (on linux), that
is unlikely to be useful if (my guess) you are trying to use one spec file for multiple vendor
distriibutions.

There are several competing ways (rather than one simple way) to achieve the perfectly obvious goal
of having a single build recipe for several different linux vendor distributions.

Every vendor has adopted different build configuration, so there is no one answer ... OpenSUSE
is likely closest to being useful.

73 de Jeff