Re: Create two different rpms in the same spec file

Jos Vos skrev, on 20-01-2008 11:10:

I want to create two different rpms (one for redhat and the other for suse) in the same spec file.
I have a file that is needed be in the same path (/etc/init) for both distros,
The file's name is the same but its content is not the same for the two distros.
How can I do it?
Can %install can get "-n" as a parameter?

Why do you think of "-n"?  Will the resulting package have different
names on RH and SUSE?

Anyway, it's simple when you use the %if / %endif constructions.
Note that it's a matter of taste if you really want this.  In my
personal opinion, maintaining one spec file for multiple distros
often (with more complex packages) results in unnecessary complex
spec files.

As far as "production quality" specs that I use go, Sam Varshavchik (Courier) and Buchan Milne (OpenLDAP) both do it with impunity (Buchan's distinguishes purely between Mandriva and Red Hat derivatives).

Simon J Mudd (Postfix) forces the user first to run a script to determine the OS/distro and build the spec file.

My own spec files use a version of Sam's, which I stole from him ...

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw