Re: rpm-5.0 released

Michael Jennings skrev, on 05-01-2008 23:19:

[...]

Not that I've any quarrel to pick with Jeff Johnson, of all people, but this is ridiculous.

For what it's worth, Jeff didn't create that tarball.  Perhaps in
future you should be less quick to attack people and point fingers, at
least until you have all the facts.

indeed, my excuses. I seem to have had a severe attack of the grumps at that time. No way I'd ever attack Jeff.

The tarball contains rpm.spec.in, not rpm.spec, because rpm.spec needs
to be properly generated from a ./configure run to be accurate.

Ok, thanks, I did that.

Just
because you blindly run "rpmbuild -ta" against a tarball and start
complaining when it doesn't work does not constitute a flaw in the
tarball.

For the record I didn't, I unpacked the tarball and did a 'find' on "spec". Read INSTALL, too.

Either take the 30 seconds required to figure out the
problem, or wait for someone with more initiative to create a set of
binary RPM's for your distribution.

I think that might be a long time ... even FC9 (development) is still at rpm 4.4.2 and the spec file I generated wants 4.4.7.

Thanks,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw