Re: How to disable brp-python-bytecompile

--- Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-rpm.43b295@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
In the file /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros
defined  something like:

%__os_install_post    \
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress \
    %{!?__debug_package:/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip
%{__strip}} \
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-static-archive
%{__strip} \
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip-comment-note
%{__strip} %{__objdump} \
    /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile \
    /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-java-repack-jars \
%{nil}

You can redefine it in your specfile or on the command
line with rpmrebuild invocation.

Another option is change
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile
just add 'exit 0' after '#!/bin/sh' line

Valery.