Re: Forcing a script to bomb, etc.

On Friday, 12 October 2007, at 15:57:01 (-0700),
Philip Prindeville wrote:

>  Ok, thanks.  Looking at the example:
>
>  %if %{?_with_ssl:1}%{!?_with_ssl:0}
>
>  that's a little more complicated than it needs to be, isn't it?
>
>  I've seen:
>
>  %if 0%{?_with_ssl:1}
>
>  And that seems to work equally well...

Either will work.  "More clear" vs. "more complicated" is often in the
eye of the beholder.

>  Right, but I don't want to capture the shell exit value of %(...)
>  as an expression....  I want to bomb out.

I never said anything about %(...)

>  I suppose I could have:
>
>  %prep
>  %if !<some sanity tests here>
>     echo "This can't possibly be correct." 1>&2
>     exit 1
>  %endif

If you think that's necessary.

> That's what I wanted to do, but it got slapped down.

You'll learn over time whose advice to listen to and whose to ignore.
You may have chosen poorly.  :-)

>  We could add an AutobuilderHint: field to the header that wouldn't
>  do anything, but that autobuilders could grovel out and use as the
>  default set of arguments...

Such a tag would be completely non-portable and entirely outside the
scope of anything RPM should be managing.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>
Linux Server/Cluster Admin, LBL.gov       Author, Eterm (www.eterm.org)