Re: Using rpmbuild -ta with nightly CVS snapshots

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I'm trying to use a simple cron script to grab the nightly CVS tarball
> from a project and do an "rpmbuild -ta" on it to ensure that no one has
> checked in code that either breaks the .spec file or hasn't been built
> on multiple platforms (I run this script on a farm).

Excellent!  I like to hear that people are going automated regression
builds.  It is an important process step.

> Unfortunately, the script fails because %{SOURCE0} isn't being set to
> the argument passed into rpmbuild -ta ...
>
> Shouldn't the behavior of "rpmbuild -t..." be to ignore SOURCE0 and use
> the tarball from the command line???

This won't help you at all but...  This works for me.  I build my
project using -ta fine.

What does your Source: lines in your spec file look like?

  grep -i ^Source.*: yourfile.spec

I like using the macros and so mine looks like this:

  Source: %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

Perhaps your Source: line is not being set correctly in your spec
file?

Bob