Re: rpm 4.4.9 missing neon support in Solaris 9 - build issue?

rpm is attempting to open the path literally. truss will likely verify
that indeed, the url is being passed to open(2) as if it were a
relative file name.

Creating the URL as a local file is another way to verify.

73 de Jeff

A quick truss cut out:

open64("ftp://rpm.rutgers.edu/foo.rpm";, O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

If you want to see more of the truss output let me know, but yeah, I think you're on to it and essentially rpm doesn't understand that it's not a local file. By the way, our current rpm 4.1 Solaris 9 production systems do take ftp and http files without any issue, so the change must have taken place afterwards (not that it narrows it down at all ;). Judging by what Tim said you should see the same issue on Solaris 10.

Thank you very much for looking into this Jeff.
-Dave