Re: Getting 3rd party RPM's via an OS installer?

Leland Ray wrote:
> Ahh but the point is, right now requirements aren't
> easily testable. I would like people developing rpms
> to see missing requirements during their normal
> testing.

Install into a minimum chroot.  Anything that is missing will be
noticed in that environment.

> So what I am suggesting is to have a way to request an
> early install. Thus an rpm that didn't have all
> requirements listed would be likely to fail during
> development.

But during development the developer will very likely have all of the
dependencies installed already.  The only way to catch this is to
install into a system that does not have the dependencies.  This is
often done with chroots.

> I agree, it would be better if people actually fixed
> their bugs.

Full agreement!  :-)

Bob