Installation

Hi

I have several RPMs that need to be installed together to make up a
system.  There are also two different flavors of these (call them
CDMA and GSM).

I made two "container" rpms which simply themselves do rpms. Since you can't do an rpm inside an rpm
technically (you can't obtain the lock) I put them in the %post like this inside my install.rpm:

    %post GSM
    (
    sleep 2
    rpm -Uvh x.rpm
    rpm -Uvh y.rpm
    rpm -Uvh z.rpm
    ) &

This executes in the background and makes sure that install.rpm finishes before the other RPMs are done.

Now these packages have many common RPMS (let's say common1.rpm, common2.rpm, common3.rpm,
common4.rpm) and only maybe 1 or 2 separate ones (like gsm.rpm and cdma.rpm).

The only difference between my %post GSM and %post CDMA is that one file (gsm.rpm or cdma.rpm).

I originally gave the packages inside install conflicts.  For instance  install-CDMA conflicts with install-GSM and with
gsm, and vv.

However, if I do an rpm -Uvh install-cdma.rpm and then later   rpm -e cdma  so I can try the gsm, I can't
do rpm -Uvh gsm.rpm because it will conflict with install-cdma even though the cdma part is removed.

Does anyone else do something similar where you have RPMs inside RPMs and you need to make some conflict?
I wouldn't want to have to rpm -e an entire install rpm and then rpm the new one.  That would be a lot of waste.