Packaging PHP Extensions

Greetings,

I'm trying to put together a package for a php extension.  The basic
install instructions are as follows :

phpize
./configure
make
make install

Simple.  And I can get all of these to work, except that it won't
observe the buildroot.  It seems that phpize automatically sets the
php extension directory and you can't modify it..  (unless I'm missing
something somewhere)

So how do I go about packaging this?  Should I manually copy the
extension to the buildroot and package appropriately?

Thanks,

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0@xxxxxxxxx