Re: RPM --resign | option to mention the passphrase

On May 23, 2007, at 7:53 AM, Lis Maria wrote:

Hi,

I need a little help on the RPM signing strategy. I was trying to automate the entire rpm signing process and i would like to know whether it is possible to sign without giving the passphrase (This is ok,since these rpms are used for some internal purpose only). Or is it possible to give the passphrase together with the signing command ( e.g rpm --resign <give passphrase here>) rather than getting it as a user input.

Use expect if you want to automate.

rpm uses getpass(3), which will reopen /dev/tty with noecho to read the password.

So you need to run rpm with a pseudo-tty controlling terminal to write the password.

expect is the cheapest way to accomplish the plumbing.

73 de Jeff