Re: spec file for multiple distributions.

Martin Hamant skrev, on 03-05-2007 12:03:

I have to write a specfile which need to build on many redhat/centos
distributions with differents versions. The software that I have to
build needs special action on sources regarding the distribution. What
is the best way to do this these days ? Is there a builtin function in
RPM to autodetect the distro name and version ? (el3, el4, el5?) ?

About rpmforge packages, i don't really understand how does it works:
they use %{dist} but it's defined in a macro? and about naming
packages : can i dynamically name a package regarding to the
distribution it's been built ?

Sam Varshavchik has written an almost-Ok "release" routine that will distinguish between Mandriva (with a little modification), SuSE, Red Hat and Fedora (with a little modification) releases in his Courier authlib, IMAP and maildrop specs. It should be able to get Centos too, if the spec writer adapts it a bit. Grab a tarball at http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#imap and extract and adapt the spec to your own needs - it's GPL stuff.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw