Re: --fileconflicts as default

Jeff Johnson schrieb:

On Mar 29, 2007, at 8:14 PM, Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) wrote:

Hi.

Is there any way, to enable the --fileconflicts option on installing and updating as default?

Hmmm, what version of rpm? My version of rpm has file conflicts disabled, RH's is enabled.

Maybe a special macro, a configure option or a patch or anything else.

I've tried it with /etc/popt. It was working. But -qi / --info wasn't working after my changes in /etc/popt. Because of this I must remove the popt alias.

No popt is the way to add and explivit --fileconflicts when

Try this (untested, but simple enough that I have a prayer of typing correctly)

   rpm alias -U --upgrade --fileconflicts

Hmmm, perhaps your alias for -i is what broke --info. rpm has 3 different
meanings for -i that are contextually dependent for hysterical reasons.

FWIW, -U is same as -i if package is not installed, so always use -U.
So there is no other way to activate --fileconflicts per default?

I think it isn't a good idea to disable fileconflicts per default. That's the reason for me to activate it.

Best regards
Marcus