Re: Howto use %exclude with %doc files

On Mar 27, 2007, at 8:45 AM, Patrick wrote:

Hi all,

I was in #rpm yesterday asking how to use %exclude with %doc files and
from the information that jasonc gave me (thanks!) it seems I'll need to
do this manually. Just checking in to see if anyone else has any
suggestions. Basically what I would like to do is:

%files
%doc README-*
%exclude README-package.txt

Not gonna work. None of the file markers scope across %doc files correctly
(i.e. as one expects) in rpm. Been that way forever.

%files package
%doc README-package.txt

This does not work. Google had several examples with %exclude but they
all use non %doc files. Does anyone know how to handle this other than
manually listing the files in the %doc section?

If you don't want to include README-package.txt, either rewrite the % doc to include files you *do* want to include. This might work, no idea what README- * expands to:
    %doc README-[^p]*
or simply remove the unwanted file at end of %install
    rm -f README-package.txt

73 de Jeff