wrapping a 3rd party installer within an RPM package?

Hi -

I have a third-party installer (Macrovision's Install Anywhere based) for a _huge_ project. I am investigating the possibility of providing an RPM package for the same. I don't want to create an RPM package from _scratch_ because I don't want to maintain a build process parallel to what I already have for the third-party installer - so this is what I've done so far:

* transported the third party installer as the RPM package's payload (in %files section)
* unpacked the third-party installer and invoked its setup script from within RPM's post install section (%post).

The obvious problem here is that - since the installer is the _payload_ for RPM package, looking up the files installed by the package using "rpm -q --dump <my-package>" command actually shows the installer files. But I want for it to show the _actual_ files installed by the third-party installer. This will provide great flexibility later when installing updates and patches.

I know this is a rather unconventional situation - but it will help. Can anybody think of any solution for this scenario?

Thanks,
Praveen.