Re: Trying to change installed files permissions during %post

On 22 Jan 2007, at 13:51, Erez Zilber wrote:
In my spec file, in the %post section, I'm trying to change the
permissions of some of the files that the rpm installs:

%post
chmod +x /sbin/my_file

Why would you want to do something like that? If you did manage to do it you
would then have an installed rpm which would fail to verify.

Why not set the permissions of the installed files correctly in the
%files section using the %attr directives - see

  http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch09s05.html

alternatively make sure the file is executable within the install
section and this should be carried across (other than overrides done
by %attr or %defattr) when the files are packaged.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]