Re: Creating subpackages dynamically

--- Erez Zilber <erezz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Valery Reznic wrote:
> > --- Erez Zilber <erezz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm building rpms for 2 different distributions
> >> (SuSE & RedHat) using a
> >> single spec file. In order to do that, I'm using
> >> "%package". The 2
> >> packages contain more or less the same files, but
> >> the package name is
> >> different.
> >>

> > You can make use %if and/or %? construction to
> make
> > you package name, rpm filename, filelist depend on
> > distribution. No need for subpackages.
> >
> > Valery
> >

> Using something like:
>
> %if "%{_vendor}" == "suse"
> %if %sles_version == 10
> %define _build_name_fmt
> %_arch/sles-name-%{version}.%{release}.%_arch.rpm
> %endif
> %else
> %if %_vendor == "redhat"
> %define _build_name_fmt
> %_arch/redhat-name-%{version}.%{release}.%_arch.rpm
> %endif
> %endif
As long as i remember, %define "work" always, so this
code really  problematic.

> was problematic and results in behavior like having
> 2 debuginfo rpms in
> RedHat instead of 1 normal rpm and 1 rpm with
> debuginfo.
>
> Why don't you recommend using "%package"?
I just suggested another approach to solve your
problem.

You can have a look in
/usr/share/doc/rpm-<version>/conditionalbuilds

By the way, what do you trying to achive ?
Do you want only rpm filenames different, or package
names different too ?

If only rpm name, than something like
_build_name_fmt
%_arch/%{name}-%{version}.%{release}.%_arch.{DISTRO}.rpm

should be enough.

Valery.