Re: [rpm-list] problems compiling rpm on solaris

On 29 December 2006 at 14:37, "Edward Quick" <edwardquick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm having problems compiling rpm 4.2 for Solaris 8. I'm getting quite far
> (after renaming the elfutils directory - advised in
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rpm-list/2003-June/msg00182.html) ...

Any reason you're choosing 4.2?  I managed to get 4.4.6 to build
on Solaris 2.8 (sparc).  It was a bit of an ordeal, as I'm
sure you're finding out for yourself.  I've been delinquent in
publishing my recipe here.  I built rpm 4.4.6 to put its files in
my own account as I don't have root privileges on that system.
One thing to be cautious of is that 4.4.6 is the first version
that doesn't read old rpm formats, right Jeff?  The good news is
that the rpm2cpio that comes with 4.4.6 still will.  Would my
recipe be of use to you?

Cheers....

P.S.:	What's the right way to publish patches that get rpm to
	build on Solaris?  Different lists have different
	conventions.  It might also be useful for me to publish
	my spec file.

--
Kevin

Kevin, A thousand thank-yous! I'm new to rpm, and struggled to find the source code to be honest. I just need a version where I can run rpm --import and rpm --check-sig so I can port a script I've written to Solaris. The package on sunfreeware didn't have these flags though.
If you could let me have your recipe, that would be really useful!!

Thanks!!

Ed.