Re: HELP | RPM install

Hi

Thank You for that quick response.

I have a doubt on the solution you offered.As you said,i will copy the files to the target location during the %post section. But suppose in future,i want  to fire an rpm -e command,it will not remove the files from this target loc right?..it will only remove the files from that standard location know? correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks

Lis

On 12/29/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 09:43:03AM +0530, Lis Maria wrote:
> So,in a nut shell, i want to create a generaic RPM,that will pick up the
> install location from some property file during pre install,and install the
> files at that location during installation.

You can't really do this. One way is to have the RPM install the files to a
standard location, and then, in the %post section, read the config file and
either copy or symlink the files in the defined location.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx           <http://mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>              <http://linux.bu.edu/>