Re: Can't build rpm package for Python 2.5

Murilo Opsfelder Araújo schrieb:
On 12/13/06, Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) <bmh1980de@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody.

I want to build a rpm package for Python 2.5. But it fails on %install
(make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install).

On compiling time I get error messages like:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.5
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The strange thing is, if I'm using the same commands manually, outside
of rpmbuild I doesn't get the error messages and "make
DESTDIR=$buildroot install" is working.

But I don't know why and I can't find differences between ./configure
from rpmbuild and a manually ./configure.

Does someone has an idea what's the problem?

Best regards
Marcus

Make sure that the %{buildroot} variable is configured.

Do a test. Put in the beginning of spec file:

BuildRoot: /tmp/%{name}-%{version}-root

BuildRoot is defined. And the spec file should be good. Because for Python 2.4.3 it works without any problem.

Best regard
Marcus

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de