Re: SUG: Automatic RPM database verification and repair

At 4:07 PM -0500 12/3/06, Jeff Johnson wrote:

>Look -- in case you can't tell -- the problem of ^C handling wrto yum
>has been around for years.

I started with FC3.  In FC3 it worked pretty well, kind of by accident, and
I came to like it.  In FC5 it didn't work at all well.  I fixed the part
that was a bug in Python, and made the rest of the fix a part of my hackish
Stablemirror yum plugin.  Possibly my activity prompted yum's current
badness, though yum is doing it in a completely different way, or more
likely it just percolated to the top of the list and erupted now.

>Don't take it too personally, just look at the code some, and think a
>bit more, before answering. ;-)

OK.

>...I find the situation quite ironic, and the lack of
>stability in FC6 (and perhaps RHEL5) disturbing.

Well, ISTM from reading fedora-devel that they do as well.  They don't seem
to be blaming RPM exactly, either.

>Unfortunately my RPM professional reputation is coupled to FC's and
>RHAT's, so I *have* to care.

Yes.

>> I do not recall "[accusing you] of sabotaging the source code".
>> Please show me where I did that so I can apologise for it.
>
>You did not, others have.

Thank you for the clarification.

>Thank you for thank you, the same to you. I wouldn't have
>internalized --verifydb if you hadn't shown up ;-)

You're welcome.  I will try to be less irritating in the future.