Re: workaround for broken postuninstall during upgrade?

On 11/28/06, Huttner, Michael N. <michael.huttner@xxxxxx> wrote:

I've got an rpm installed on a large number of machines.  This package has a
defective postuninstall script (eg, "rm –f /myapp") which will remove new
payload content in an upgrade.  We need to find a creative solution which
allows users to upgrade this broken rpm, ideally via "up2date –u myapp".  Is
there any way to provide an upgrade, combination of new packages, or trigger
which can do this?   I do not as yet know any way to prevent the bad package
postuninstall or force the bad package to completely uninstall itself before
upgrading with a new package.

If you meant literally that an already deployed package is failing to
upgrade because
"rm -f /myapp" is failing in %postun, then adding
    touch /myapp
to the newer packages %post will create the missing ingredient that
the already deployed package needs in order to succeed.

Otherwise you need to supply more specific details of why %postun is failing.

73 de Jeff