Re: How to add an entry in the rpm database (without a package onhand)

On 11/15/06, Igor Pasemnik <ipasemnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assume you want to satisfy some requires from some other packages,
although you mentioned without rpm and/or creating one, here is how easy
it is to bypass using --nodeps and satisfy whatever requirements that
other package has, assuming you really want to bypass the requirements,
here is a minimal spec file, say something like dummy.spec, build it as
root or non-root with the following stanza:

I was making this really hard.  This is a much easier solution.
Hmmm...some times you have to with their problem rather than the
question they asked.

Yeah, and one could with a little creativity wrap this up in a simple
shell script that
creates the package on the fly and installs, so this user could have:

   addRPMEntry some_silly_requirement

Cheers...james