Re: [rpm-list] db version mismatch with a twist

A while ago I posted about building rpm 4.4.6 on both Solaris 2.8 and
on RHEL 3, then trying to use the same rpm database for both.  After
a bit of work to get all of the rpm and db stuff to link staticly for
both systems the result is the same.  Jeff Johnson suggested that
there might be a db issue with big endian and little endian involved.
At that point I gave up and decided to split my database into one for
Solaris and one for Linux.

FWIW, the rpms stored in the database are pertain to my own account
and nothing system-wide.

Cheers....

--
Kevin