Re: Help regarding the "%file" preamble in the SPEC file for creation of a directory

rajat.dudeja@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there any way that this section can also create the directory in the
> target system when the rpm is installed ?

Yes.

> I have tried the following option:
>
> %files
> %defattr(-,root,root)
> /usr/local/racoon2/etc/psk
>
> So I want to create the above directory 'psk' and I am unable to do so as
> the error I am getting is :
> RPM build errors:
>         /usr/local/racoon2/etc/psk not found.

That is a build error, not an install error.  It is telling you that
it cannot build the rpm because the file is not in the buildroot.

You should have BuildRoot: %{_tmpdir}/%{name}-%{version}-build or
something similar set in your specfile.  That would put the buildroot
in /var/tmp/racoon2/.  After the build had failed go there and look to
see what files are in your staging image.  The file matching the error
above will be missing.

Look in your %install script section of your rpm spec file and debug
why the file is not getting installed.

> and any attachments. Thank you

Please consider using an email account that does not include such
useless and annoying disclaimers.  I almost did not respond to your
message because of it.

Bob