Re: noobie question about including any file in my rpm

Bob Proulx wrote:
Douglas Phillipson wrote:

Bob Proulx wrote:

%install
%makeinstall
cp my_special_etc_file $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/
cp my_special_bin_file $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin/

Ah! You put the copy command in the spec file?? I was copying the file to the RPM_BUILD_ROOT before the rpmbuild command.

Yes.  Because typically there is another command in there that I left
out in my haste.

  %install
  rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
  %makeinstall

That makes sure there are no files left over from a previous build.
An important point about packaging is that it is designed that the
builds are repeatable.  So things try to be self-contained to avoid
unrecorded external events from affecting the result.

That worked fine, thanks!

Glad things are working for you.

Bob

One last question. The ExclusiveArch directive doesn't seem to work. I'm wanting "arm" I also tried "%_target_cpu: arm" to no avail. What is the correct directive for "arm"?

Thanks

Doug P