Re: fakeroot

Le lundi 31 juillet 2006 à 23:03 +1000, John Pye a écrit :
> Hi Bob,
>
> I guess I didn't put that very clearly. The issue I'm talking about is
> those packages that come with wierd installer scripts that are
> interactive or download files along the way, or whatever else. An
> example is the following:
> http://www.smlnj.org/dist/working/110.59/index.html
>
> Unfortunately this happens to be a prerequisite for a rather important
> piece of software that I've been wanting to build.

I don't think interactive or remote download will be ever allowed, as
you loose reproduceability and the digital package signature becomes
worthless

(Sun for example was famous for hiding its java files behind web forms
*and* changing the contents of the zip files without notifying anybody)

That means you need to deconstruct the install process to use local
files only.

Life sucks

--
Nicolas Mailhot