Re: %configure question

Hello Tom,
What do you mean by "upgrade the package I don't want it to change" - obviously you can have the same file, as provided. Perhaps do you mean that you do not want a file that will be altered by the user/system to be reset during an upgrade ?

 Best -F

Tom Hicks wrote:
I want to do something like %configure but with a slightly different goal. I'm looking to have a file marked as belonging to a package so that when I uninstall a package the file is removed but when I upgrade the package I don't want it to change. Also I'd prefer if rpm --verify would either ignore the file or only check to see if it exists. I believe this would be possible. Could some knowledgable souls please advise me on whether there is some build in functionality for this or even some way to do it that's not too nasty of a hack.

Thanks,
Tom