Re: automatic dependencies and relocatabel package

On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Andrei Kazarov wrote:

Thanks Mats!
I've simply added  "Provides: /bin/sh" to my package.

In fact I would be happy to have required version of bash installed in my private RPM area, but relocatable bash RPM requires non- relocatable glibc and others, so I gave up ... It seems there is no way to 'merge' 2 or more RPM databases (e.g. the system one and a private one) ?

Sure you can merge:
   1) Find all the *.rpm names by querying one rpmdb.
2) Execute rpm -ivh --justdb *.rpm to merge headers into the other database.

The issue is not lack of merging, but definied semantics to look in multiple databases under all possible conditions to provide a consistent and useful view of installed packages.

73 de Jeff