Very simple specfile .. aargh!

Hi,

I have found countless examples and howto's on how to make packages but I am having difficulties creating a package that simply contains a few files that installs into a few different places. Does anyone have an example of how i might do this? ie: What would the spec file be for example just files such as /etc/abc /usr/bin/xyz in a simple tar file.

Thanks for any help!
Jacob

(I am trying to make a simple rpm for essentially personal use, my boss wants to be able to install some files on a server without knowing anything except typing 'su' then 'rpm -i blah')