%files section of spec files

Hi every one
I want to build rpm from source (tar.gz) .I dont know really what files i shoud put  in the %files section  and how i should get them exactly?
In the --prefix of configure i should put  /usr  (configure -prefix=/usr) . I cant extract files that  is related to that package .
If  , prefix of the configure are things like /usr/foldr i can put /folder in the %files and package software. If this work is true? If all the thins that should be put in the %files is the output of the make install? And if this true , what do i in the situation like --prefix=/usr
Any ideas?

I wrote a spec files and by using rpmbuild {--bp,-bc,-bi} compiled and built software successfully and because i didnt put anythings in the %files, i got a RPM that idnt any content.

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.