Re: How do I generate noarch/i386 from one .src.rpm

On Fri, April 28, 2006 3:36 pm, Jeff Johnson said:
> All depends on what you mean by "cleanly". You -- and you alone --
> know that.

I would have hoped that the obvious would work:
    BuildArch: per subpackage.

> One statically valued arch per build, please, is/was a perfectly
> sensible design rule.

In fact I think this is a reasonable thing to have, for stuff
like a Java/Python/.Net pacakge that depends on some native stuff.

Say the program author produces one .tar.gz (including both
.c and .java sources), the most natural thing to do would be
to have one .src.rpm and generate multiple subpackages.

> You can of course hack up your foo.spec file to do
>      %ifarch noarch
>       <recipe for building a noarch package>
>      %else
>      <recipe for building the rest>
>      %endif
> and then invoke
>       rpmbuild -ba --target=i386,noarch
> to generate both noarch and non-noarch packages from a single foo.spec.

Not pretty, but not too bad either. Thank you!

--
Dimi Paun <dimi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Lattica, Inc.