rhn traffic shaping

This may be totally the wrong forum for asking this question....if it
is, I am sorry.  Maybe you can steer me in the right direction if it
is......
Anyway, I have noticed that when trying to do updates through rhn which
would be particularly large after fresh RHEL 4 installs, the updates
time out.  Makes me think that rhn is limiting bandwidth....because our
bandwidth can burst up to around 1.5mB/sec. and if it sustains there for
a short time, then up2date drops out.  Is there some sort of switch I
can pass for up2date to limit bandwidth up2date uses on our end?  Some
other sites do this as well and I use wget with the limit-rate switch
and it works like a champ.....

Like I said, if this is the wrong forum...sorry....

Tim