Re: Newbie rpmbuild question: change directory error

David D. Hagood wrote:
> Egmont Koblinger wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:53:51AM -0500, Raman Gupta wrote:
>>
>>> + mkdir msttcorefonts
>>> + cd msttcorefonts
>> Then I realized that I have set $CDPATH. If I unset it, it works.

Yes, as I posted in an earlier message that you may have missed, the
current directory (.) missing from CDPATH was indeed the problem. The
interesting thing is that I could only reproduce this behavior inside a
bourne shell script. Bash scripts (and interactive use) work fine
despite the CDPATH, which seems to indicate that bash implicitly adds
the current directory to the CDPATH but bourne does not.

> If the OP has CDPATH set, he might try this change:
>
> mkdir msttcorefonts
> cd ./msttcorefonts
>
> to see if that will fix the problem - by forcing the CD to be relative
> the current directory that should override CDPATH.

That works, thanks for the suggestion -- however, I've simply added "."
to my CDPATH which solves the problem globally.

Cheers,
Raman