Re: Strange abort of rpm-build with exit code 1 in brp-nobuildrootpath

Hi,

Send this to rpm-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or alternative file a
bugzilla report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
While creating an RPM package for libmusicbrainz 2.1.2 I got the
following strange result:

I think, there is a misunderstanding here. It happened with libmusicbrainz randomly, but I think it's a problem with the script
and could happen with other libraries too:

'libmusicbrainz' used to build fine with rpm 4.3.3 but failed with
rpm 4.4.4. The brp-nobuildrootpath script came into existence
in-between. It replaces all build roots from .la and .pc files.

I think it's  perfectly ok for a '.la' or '.pc' file not to contain the
build root, thus causing the 'grep' in 'brp-nobuildrootpath' to fail.
This exit code sifts up to the generated install script and thus up to
rpm-build, which causes the build to fail. I think, a rpm-build should
succeed when there is nothing to be replaced in a '.la' or '.pc' file.

I hope, I was able to describe the problem a little bit better...

Greetings

Andreas