RE: Rebuilding Without Dependencies

You would think that would be the case. Alas, it's not even close. I have
so thoroughly patched bzip2 out of the source code and Make infrastructure
that the following command results in literally no hits referring to bzip2
in any way shape or form:

find rpm-4.3.3/ -exec grep -i bz {} \;

The following are the only "-L" lines in the Makefile (after the
./configure part is run):

LDFLAGS_NPTL = -L/usr/lib/nptl
LIBS = -lrt -lpthread  -L/usr/local/lib  -lz
staticLDFLAGS =  -all-static -L/usr/lib/npt

I also thought that perhaps it was a generic wildcard that libtool was
picking up on. I can't see how though, there a ton of libraries in
/usr/lib (the directory where libbz2 can be found) but it ignored almost
all of them.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR