Re: [OT?] Installing all RPMs via Kickstart

On 2/13/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:26:57AM -0800, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> > I know I can select groups of packages when doing a kickstart
> > installation.  (base, gnome, etc)   But how can I select all the
> > packages for installation, even the ones that aren't selected by
> > default in those groups?
>
> Why would you ever want that?

It's easier to install everything, than trying to figure out later
that a user wants a piece of software and trying to go back and
install it and its dependencies.

For example, gvim isn't in the the editor group by default, for some
strange reason.  So I'd have to add that one to the kickstart file,
along with its dependencies.  And repeat for a lot of others that I
don't know about yet.