Re: Bypass strip part when build a package

On 1/17/06, Hasan YAVUZ <hasan.hy.yavuz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to disable the part of strip when
> build a package.
> When i make a rpmbuild it make this command
> /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-strip /usr/bin/strip, so my question is it is
> possible to bypass this section.

Yes.  RPM appends this stuff to the end of your build script, so you
can simply "exit 0" at the end, and voila all stripping is gone.  The
other method that allows for more control, is by redefining one of the
macros that contain the code appended to the end of your %install
script.   You can find these /usr/lib/rpm/macros.

Cheers...james